NWSR Banner

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stainless steel sink dropped from countertop.

Imagine, 1:oo am the night before Christmas Eve. Your in the bed with visions of gumdrops dancing in your head, all of a sudden you hear a crash in the kitchen. You rush in to see what the heck is going on and there is your kitchen sink laying in the sink base cabinet no longer attached to your countertop.

That is exactly what happened on this job. Fortunately the homeowner was a good improviser and was able to prop the sink back up temporarily until they called me to come fix it on the day after Christmas.

Now, most of the time a sink will not fall out. This one just happened to be installed with silicone and nothing else. That is never the way to install an undermount sink, with silicone alone.

After some extensive upside down modifications to the under side of the sink area I was able to get the sink reinstalled and it should never be a problem again.

This is the way it was when I got there. The homeowner had it propped with pvc pipes.

I had to remove the sink all the way so I could scrape the old silicone off and allow it to sit tight against the underside of the countertop.

Finished. While I was hooking the faucet back up I got water on the fresh silicone that I lined the sink with. That is what the blob is that you see just uder the faucet in the center of the sink. Since the silicone is still fresh I didn't wipe off the water because it would smear the silicone.


IF YOU NEED SOLID SURFACE OR STONE COUNTERTOP REPAIR AND YOU LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA CLICK HERE!

IF YOU NEED SOLID SURFACE OR STONE COUNTERTOP REPAIR AND YOU DON'T LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA CLICK HERE!

Learn to lay tile in 6 days with these simple to follow videos!

No comments: