NWSR Banner

Monday, March 16, 2009

RV countertop repair in Winston Salem, NC part2

RV countertop repair in Winston Salem, NC.
Hello subscribers and new readers. Sorry I kept you waiting a little longer than I meant to. Let's talk about this Vendura countertop repair.

As you probably know, I almost always do my countertop repairs on site with the countertop still installed. Because it is relatively simple to remove the countertop, and because I have to be able to access the bottom of the countertop, I chose to remove it.

One of the problems that contributed to the cracking I believe, is the fact that the particle board substrate is completely tight to the backside of the drop edge. For this reason, I am going to cut a relief into the particle board and give it some clearance from the drop edge.

First I make a rough cut with a skill saw.


Next, I finish the relief cut with a Dremel tool.


Now its time to cut away at the particle board so I can break the piece of countertop off. The countertop and the particle board are glued together as one piece so it takes a little bit of doing. I need to leave as much of the particle board in tact as I can because that ensures a stable and secure installation with no gaps in support.


Now, I flipped the top over so it would be right side up, and I have removed the broken piece of countertop. What looks like a crack near the back is actually a "soft seam" and we I am not doing any repairs to that.


I re-attached the broken piece of countertop an it's ready to be re-installed.



There it is. All fixed up and ready to hit the road.



These pictures should go into the post about how lighting effects solid surface countertops. You can plainly see just how different this countertop looks from different times of daylight and then with the lighting inside the Winnebago.


RV countertop repair by Complete Solid Surface Refinishing in beautiful Winston Salem, NC!

FREE quotes on life, home, auto, and health insurance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job I am impressed with it everytime we use the RV. Looks like new!!!

RV Roof Repair said...

Nice work here. who do the RV roof repairs?